- SCGIS member Kate Fickas is chairing a forested wetland session at @forestsat. The call for abstracts is now open! SCGIS Twitter, August 31st, 2016.
- Forested Wetlands Session ForestSat 2016 International Conference Blog, August 4th, 2016.
- Ph.D. student teaming up with undergraduates to develop UAV for wetland monitoring OSU Department of Forest Ecosystem & Society News and Events, April 11th, 2016.
- 2016 School of MIME Capstone Project Highlights Oregon State University Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Capstone Design Program, June 2016.
- Charisse Hung and Adam Nayak excel in regional science fair Cleveland Clarion, April 11th, 2016.
- Geospatial Ecology at Fidgets2Widgets Fidgets2Widgets.com, July 12th, 2015
- Student Profile OSU Department of Forest Ecosystem & Society Newsletter, May 2014.
AWARDS & FELLOWSHIPS
- 2nd Place Winner, Student Paper Competition
Society for Conservation Geographic Information Systems
The mission of the Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS) is to build community, provide knowledge, and support individuals using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and science for the conservation of natural resources and cultural heritage.
- Graduate Travel Award
ForestSAT International Conference
ForestSAT is aimed at promoting the integration of earth observation with other geo-spatial applications and traditional forest sciences. The conference covers all possible scientifically-based developments and applications of remote sensing and GIS tools for monitoring, mapping or modeling forest systems. Aiding a better understanding of their functioning, and supporting their inventory and sustainable management.
- Forestry Graduate Fellowship
2011 - 2012
Oregon State University College of Forestry.
Each year the College of Forestry awards graduate fellowships made possible from donations to the College. These funds are administered by the Student Services Office, and selections are made by the College Graduate Fellowship Committee comprised of forestry faculty. Awards ranging in value from $500 to $7500 are made to new and continuing graduate students and are supplemental to other financial assistance.
New student awards are made to prospective graduate students for the purpose of recruiting the highest quality students.
- Dean’s List.
2009, 2010, 2011.
College of Arts and Science, University of Oregon
To qualify, a student must be an admitted undergraduate, complete at least 15 credits for the term, and have a term GPA of 3.75 or better